Tuesday 8 November 2011

Women magazine design and research

The image above is my magazine front cover which is targeted at women. For this task I had to design a magazine front cover for the magazine "Read Me" and This is the final product. In my research I learnt that most Women magazines are very simple and usually have a big title at the top and ita usually the magazine name then heading, subheading and other text are placed elsewhere on the cover. I also found out the colour pallets they use usually have 3 colours or less because it adds to that that simple effect. The top selling magazines have like Vogue and Glamour go that extra mile and they are the the top selling magazines because:

1.They usually have celebrities on their front covers
2. Catchy headings that have to do with gossip,sex etc.
3. Competitions draw many customers and research shows that 65% of women would rather buy a magazine which has competitions once in a while.

Below are some of the magazines I based my research and tried to generate ideas from these ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment